1. Seeing the darker skin at Naomi Campbell’s joints is the reason for this post.
2. Here Naomi Campbell communicates some feeling / atmosphere / affect that fabulous and fierce Naomi Campbell is not usually invited to communicate.
3. This is skin usually evened out for editorials to create smooth lengths of mahogany and ebony. Here we’re confronted by the skin’s life and history.
4. We read Wole Soyinka’s ‘Telephone Conversation’ in English Lit. The words “has turned / My bottom raven black” prompt one of my classmates to ask me if I too have a black arse, like the man in the poem.
5. Cambridge, a decent chunk of the country’s elite is at this party, on MDMA, watching interracial porn. A friend screams ‘YUCK!’, swivels her head towards me and demands to know if my labia are also black like the woman’s in the film.
6. Here, Naomi Campbell’s body is not what black women’s bodies often are in these editorial contexts. Which is:
remember that time a band was going to pay you to take pictures of them at warped tour but warped tour was being stupid about giving you a press pass even though you have a valid publication? yeah me too. just happened.
i am so desperate for a change. i want to see the world. hell, i’d be happy seeing the United States from Delaware to Hawaii. I have been so desperate to figure it all out, get my career going, that I have forgotten that I am young. I already see myself regretting not doing more - traveling more - being reckless more, and I want to do that before it’s too late. I didn’t go away for college, and my three months in Maine weren’t really that life altering. Great experiences and memories, sure, but I still came back here. I am looking into teaching aboard, or even picking a city, and just trying my luck there for awhile. Columbia will always be home. I can always come back.
5. He also fucking loves his dogs and animals in general
classy as fuck
6. He uses his fame wisely. He is extremely devoted in animal, wildlife and human welfare and charities, like the WWF, and encourages his fans to petition and donate with him. Leo helps save tigers and elephants and whales and more. He donated a fucking million dollars to Haiti. He had a giant birthday party, but all the guests had to donate money for wildlife efforts. When he won his ONLY Golden Globe for The Aviator, in his speech he urged the audience to contribute to the earthquake relief at that time. He is currently taking a break with acting to rest and to focus more on this stuff. He is a fucking green superhero
that is a candid photo bitch
7. He has been besties with Kate Winslet since Titanic, he even made a ring for her, and he spoils her kids. Kate’s ex husbands are all scared of Leo because Kate loves him so much and he could probably beat them up if they ever hurt her and they should get married but that’s a whole other damn story just look at them
ps kate says of all her sex scenes she does in films (like a lot) she liked working with him the best. damn girl just friends?
8. He has also been besties with Tobey Maguire since they were little kids and they are such dorks
9. This picture
are you not in love yet
10. He grew up in a shitty ghetto area of LA surrounded by crime and drugs, so he vowed never to get involved with that stuff. Have you seen a mug shot of him? Noooo
11. Lol when his hair gets too long he wears a fucking headband
12. He’s ironing on a fucking roof
13. The fact that he always fucking walks like this
he just loves to walk okay
14. He is just a classy, suave motherfucker
15. Also as serious as he seems most of the time, he used to do photo-shoots like this:
this post literally just cancelled all the unexplained negative feelings i had for leonardo dicaprio
There are people who hate Leonardo DiCaprio?
The Oscar Academy does.
This made my day
This was so perfect. I literally have loved Leo since 4th grade, I really don’t get why people don’t like him…